Sunday, September 11, 2022

A Simple Custard Recipe

When I started off, I wanted to make Custard Ice Cream, but the weather changed today, and a regular custard seemed more appropriate.
Here is my first ever simple Custard, and I will say, not having had it before, I like it! It was very easy to make, and turned out well.
Go ahead, as we step into Fall, try this recipe out on your family. I think they will enjoy it as well.
Hint, if you like it a little sweeter you can add an additional 2 tablespoons of sugar, but I didn't think it needed it.
I topped it off with a sprinkle of cinnamon, too!

Simple Custard
Recipe yields 8 servings.
Ingredients:
4 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter
4 eggs
½ cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
Sprinkle of Cinnamon for topping (optional)

Directions:
Step 1: Cook and stir milk, vanilla extract, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove mixture from heat before it comes to a boil.
Step 2: Whisk eggs, sugar, and cornstarch together in a bowl until sugar dissolves.


Step 3: Set saucepan back over low heat. Pour in egg mixture slowly, whisking constantly, until custard thickens enough to coat the bottom of a spoon, 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool, but warm is very good as well.

Spoon into serving bowls, ans sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy, and let me know in the comments if you tried this recipe, and how you liked it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment